
And here she is at school before walking into her classroom.

This is her table, it has 3 boys at it!! Ella has 13 boys in her class and 8 girls.

This is the teacher's assistant putting on Ella's name tag for the first day.

This is Ms. Formo- Ella's teacher. Ella likes her because she is pretty! I like her because she is very calm with the kiddos, and very much a southern gal! She'll be great for Ella!

This is Ms. Phillips, Ms. Formo's teaching assistant! She's great too!!
And last but not least our neighbor. I'm terrified of spiders thanks to that movie Arachnophobia, but I knew that living in the south we would have more of them. I also remember that from our vacation to St. Thomas a few years ago, that spiders and webs were good, you weren't to destroy them if possible. Obviously ones right around doorways to your house, in your house were ok to destroy but if they were out of the way, to leave them alone. Apparently the same goes here. There are some huge magnificent webs along the golf course in the trees and bushes. However, I hadn't seen one up close until we noticed this one in our neighbors yard across the street. I was too scared to get close to it, but this is what I got. Apparently this is a male (the females are 2-3 times this size) Black and Yellow Garden Spider or Argiope. In Florida they are called Banana Spiders because of their yellow body. They are harmless and eat tons of insects and other spiders. They also eat their web every night and spin a new one. They are good to have around- at least I'm told that! I'm just glad he's across the street! There is one on the golf course that is a female, and her body is a bright yellow. She is easily 3 times the size of this one. If I get the guts, I'll go take a pic of her! And her incredible web!!

Hope you had a great weekend! 1yr pics of Evie coming soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment