I sure miss them. When I stopped working both Ella and Emery were still taking naps. It was a glorious time of day. We'd all climb into my bed and take a nice 2 hour nap. It was AWESOME!! Then in February of 2008, Emery decided she wasn't going to take them anymore. I was beyond devastated, especially being pregnant with Evie, I NEEDED those naps! Ella of course quit when Emery did. We quickly worked out an arrangement though. The girls would get a snack, drink, and get to watch a movie while I laid down. I was still quite sick with Evie, so I really needed to lay down for a bit. That process has worked well to this day! I don't get to lay down much anymore, but we have a daily quiet time while Evie naps, the girls and I all need it!
Emery does occasionally fall asleep in the car when picking up Ella from school, but that never lasts long. So, it is on a rare occasion when Emery naps at home. She adamantly refuses to nap. Emery is so stubborn about it that when she does nap, she hides it. She doesn't tell anyone what or where she is, or that she's tired. Most of the time she crawls in her bed, but when she doesn't, I try to snap a pic because it's usually pretty funny looking.
These first pics are from back in July. I was busy still unpacking and organizing the house. We had been here maybe 3 weeks at this point. Evie was napping, and Ella was coloring and I thought Emery was too. When I realized she wasn't coloring, I started looking for her. It took me two trips looking through every room in the house before I spotted her. I bust out laughing when I did see her, she reminded me of a scene from ET!


The ones below were taken a couple of weeks ago. Evie was down for a nap, Tad was down for a nap, Ella was coloring and Emery was watching a movie. I decided to lay down for a bit. After about 20 minutes, Ella came in asking where Emery was. I got up to go look, and this is what I found. Ella had walked right past her, thinking it was just her blanket laying on the bean bags. What a crack! She reminds me of my brother Kent. My parents have several photos of him as a child sleeping in odd places, or around odd things. Now Emery will have these to look forward to when she's older! :)


I'm having fun going through older photos that I haven't shared! I'll share some more soon! Hope you all had a great week and are preparing for a wonderful weekend!! Love ya!
1 comment:
These are priceless, Bec! Love them!
Post a Comment