Thursday, August 28, 2008

Baby Ru has ARRIVED!!!!

Wow-Baby Ru is here!! After a long awaited arrival, Baby Ru decided not to be evicted but to make an entrance on the due date!! I went to bed on Tuesday night with sporadic contractions- nothing new. At 2:30 am I woke up and the contractions were about 10 min apart. I woke Tad between 3 and 3:30, and they were still about 10 min apart. We weren't too worried yet as the same thing happened the week before. Around 4 am I headed downstairs to change position. The contractions then went to 6 min apart, then 3. We called Nana and Papa T to come over around 4:30, and the doctor. We left the house at 5:10 and arrived at the hospital at 5:30.

From that time on, it got a little crazy. The contractions were hard, fast, and furious. I got an IV at 5:40, and they started to try an epidural at 6:00. However, it wasn't taking effect as I was in serious pain with each contraction. They re-dosed, and then tried another medication. Nothing was helping because I was progressing to fast. I had one contraction last 3 minutes. The nurse and dr were talking about how the contractions were on top of one another and I wasn't getting a break. The dr decided to check, and with one look she told me it was time to push!!
It was 6:30 a.m. and I wasn't ready, I was too scared because my epidural still wasn't working!! I quickly gave in, and Baby Ru arrived at 6:36! As Tad said, 'It's another girl!' We were thrilled!! the dr thought she looked smaller compared to the older girls, but she weighed in at a whopping 8lbs 9.5oz!! Not too dainty!! She measured 20.5" long.
We named her Everett Brooke! Everett to keep up with our 'E' theme, and because we loved the name. Brooke after her daddy's middle name. She is quite beautiful if I say so myself!! Beautiful round head (due to quick labor!), fair skin, and a small amount of medium brown hair!! Her daddy and I are quite proud of what beautiful girls we produce!! Take a look for yourself!!
Ella and Emery were too happy to meet and greet their new sister! They were very giggly, and eager to hold her. They keep touching her as if she isn't quite real yet!!
We'll post more later! We're still at the hospital, but go home tomorrow, so we should have more pictures soon!


















No comments: