Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Shots, shots, and more shots.....

Between 2 of the girls, we've had 7 shots in the past 6 days. Ella got her kindergarten shots last Friday- 4 of them!!! YIKES! Plus she had her finger pricked for a blood test. She was incredibly brave up until the nurse came in. Then she got tears in her eyes. The finger prick was first, and probably hurt the worst. Then came 2 in each arm. She was crying 'NO' the whole time, but didn't struggle. I was surprised at how difficult that appointment was, I wasn't expecting it. It was gut and heart-wrenching to see your child scared and in pain.

Thankfully, an ice cream cone and an afternoon at Nana and Papa T's made it all better. She was calm, and proud of her shots by then. She feels like a big girl now!

Everett got her 2 month shots today, 3 of them and an oral medication!! And boy was she unhappy! I haven't heard her scream like that ever! She was already worn out from crying during the exam, that the minute I picked her up after her shots, she was immediately calm. We're home now, and she's had her Tylenol, but still pretty unhappy. I'm hoping she falls asleep soon, and the nap will help.

We still have 2 shots to go, flu shots for Ella and Emery. Hopefully that will do us for a while, well at least until December when Everett gets more!

Hope everyone is safe and happy! Talk to you soon!

No comments: