We opted to go to the country store and buy pre-picked berries and pay the extra for them being pre-picked. Well worth the money!! The store was small, cramped, and no air conditioning! We didn't even try to get to the bakery- it was packed! But, my mother and I were able to score 6 pounds of blueberries each at a whopping price of $23.60. Pretty good considering the 4 oz containers in the store are about $3-4!!
Ella was bound and determined to pick some blueberries though, her face fell when I purchased the big bag. So, we decided to pick a few on our way out, and just eat what we picked....shhhh don't tell! We stopped at some of the last rows before the cars, and the girls took off. At first they were picking red ones- pretty sour tasting! But, then Ella got the hang of it. Nana helped out and picked too. Emery wasn't very good at it, so she'd just eat whatever we picked for her! After about 2 handfuls- she was done. I think Ella could have gone on for hours, but Nana and I were melting, so we left. We'll have to convince Papa T to take her back early some morning when it's not so crowded or hot!! They are supposed to have thornless blackberries and raspberries later this season! Yummy!
Outfits are courtesy of Nana T- the girls love to wear the hats, and have 'hearts' all over them! Those hats came in quite handy yesterday!





No comments:
Post a Comment