Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Emery's sassy new do!

Well, I did it! I finally gave Emery a big girl haircut!! After all the swimming we've done this summer, I knew we needed a different cut. Her longer hair was getting too tangled, and I had to put it up every time we went to the pool. I loved when Ella got her hair in a bob, so I decided it was time to do the same for Emery. All 3 of us ventured to the salon yesterday. Ella and I just got a trim (plus I got a highlight!), and then Emery's turn was last. She waited so patiently, as she was VERY excited to get her haircut. I cringed when they cut about 4 inches off, but I quickly saw how cute it would be. Emery loved it! She was swinging her head around to feel her hair. Ella kept commenting on how 'beautiful' Emery looked. All the ladies in the salon were going gaga, so I felt I made a good choice. It wasn't till I was paying, when I heard a lady gasp. I turned around expecting some horrific scene, but instead Ella was gingerly showing Emery how to tuck her hair behind her ears. PRICELESS!!

Needless to say she loves her haircut. She was very happy to show daddy last night.

On another note, Ella finally trusted me and tried swimming in the 'big' pool in our neighborhood. And SHE DID IT!! She could swim unaided for about 5 feet. I kept backing up, and she kept swimming to me! Now I just need to teach her how to breathe and swim at the same time!! We had to take Daddy back to the pool late last night so she could show him too. She was so PROUD!!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a big girl! She looks so cute. I'm glad Ella is showing her the ropes on how to be beautiful!